Busanjin Market is an indoor shopping mall with hundreds of small shops selling clothes, textiles, and souvenirs at reasonable prices. It’s one of the best places in the city to shop for ready-made hanbok (traditional Korean costume). Many locals also visit the mall for clothes materials – silk, rayon, cotton, and satin cloths in various patterns are available here. The best way to get to Busanjin Market is by taking the Metro Line No.1 to Bumil-dong Station and take Exit 1.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7am to 7pm
- Location: 290 Beomil-dong, Dong-gu, Busan, South Korea
- Tel: +82-51-646-7041
BIFF Square is a 428-metre-long street lined with movie theatres, fashion outlets, and Korean cosmetics shops. The boulevard is vibrant at night, with colourful lights decorating the trees and stalls. Prices are relatively affordable, but you may have to pay a little extra to buy stuff at the trendier stores. Most of Busan’s young crowd gather at BIFF Square, especially during special occasions.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7am to midnight
- Location: 20, BIFF gwangjang-ro, Jung-gu, Busan, South Korea
- Tel: +82-51-253-8523
Gukje Market is one of the largest markets in Busan. Hundreds of vendors occupy this outdoor shopping venue, where you can buy clothes, food items, handicrafts, and even industrial goods. The market is also connected to several smaller markets in the area, including Bupyeong Market and Kkangtong Market.
Getting to Gukje Market is relatively easy – take Subway #1 to Jagalchi and get out at Exit 7.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to 8pm (closed every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month)
- Location: Sinchang-dong 4-ga, Jung-gu, Busan, South Korea
Jagalchi Market is a seafood market in Busan's Jung-gu district, where you get to shop for (and eat) fresh seafood. The 1st floor has stalls selling a number of live fish, eels, abalone, and crab, while the 2nd level is dedicated to dried fish products.
Restaurants occupy the upper levels of Jagalchi Market – the cuisine here is mostly local but eating raw fish is a must-do here. Getting there is quite simple – take the subway line No. 1 to Nampo-dong station and the market is about a 5-minute walk away.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5am to 10pm (closed every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month)
- Location: 52 Jagalchihaean-ro, Nampo-dong, Jung-gu, Busan, South Korea
Lotte Duty Free Shop
The Lotte Duty Free Shop is one of the major chain stores in South Korea. Located in downtown Busan, the shop occupies 2 floors within the Lotte Department Store. You get to shop for imported brands at reduced prices – items range from cigarettes and liquor to bags and cosmetics.
The Lotte Duty Free Shop is also close to a 5-star hotel of the same name, several restaurants, and a cinema.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 9.30am to 8pm, Friday–Sunday from 9.30am to 8.30pm
- Location: 7-8th Floor, LOTTE Department Store Busan, 503-15, Bujeon-dong, Busan, South Korea
- Tel: +82-51-810-3880
Paradise Duty Free
Paradise Duty Free is where you can find upscale at reduced rates. This is a proper department store in downtown Busan, with dozens of stores selling clothes, perfumes, leather bags, jewellery and accessories.
Paradise Duty Free has 4 levels stocked with international brands such as Hugo Boss, Burberry, and Missoni. You can arrange for your purchases to be delivered to the airport departure terminal or to the plane.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9.30am to 7pm
- Location: Haeundae-gu, Jung-dong 1128-78, Busan, South Korea
- Tel: +82-51-743-0181